Frasca International has launched a new, lower priced Helicopter Training Device (HTD).
The HTD is designed for helicopter air ambulance providers, airborne law enforcement, introductory turbine transition training, and ab-initio flight schools. Frasca will display the HTD at their booth (N3909) at Heli-Expo, February 27-March 1 in Las Vegas.
Frasca developed the HTD in response to customer demand for a helicopter training device that had a lower price point but still delivered the features required to meet their training objectives.
The Frasca HTD comes standard with:
- One aircraft configuration kit (B206, B407, R44, AS350)
- Garmin G500H or analog instrument panel
- Garmin GTN 650
- Collective grip based on aircraft configuration kit (governed or ungoverned piston, modulated, or FADEC)
- Annunciator Panel and Circuit Breakers required in RFM procedures
- Frasca’s Helicopter Mission Training Database
- Single Channel Visual System
- Frasca’s Simplicity Touch-Screen Instructor Station (IOS) and will be AATD qualified.
Additional aircraft kits can be purchased to add training value, including:
- Garmin GTN750
- Simulated HeliSAS
- Three channel visual display system
- Trailer for mobility or self-contained facility
- Custom databases.
Frasca designed the HTD for IIMC – Inadvertant IMC encounters – as well as operational and procedural training. The HTD was engineered using aerodynamic technology filtered down from the FFSs and FTDs Frasca is known for, with the goal of providing training value with a no-nonsense approach.
The first launch customer for the Frasca HTD is Air Evac Lifeteam, who took delivery of seven B206 HTDs earlier this year. Six of the devices are housed in trailers for the option of mobile training.